Red Fuji = Good Fortune
Red Fuji Arita Mug is produced in a pottery of Hasami-Cho in Nagasaki, and Hasami is one of the major Arita Ware production locals.
Red Mount Fuji, which is drawn in the inner of the Cup, is one of Japanese symbols of good fortune. Due to varios weather circumstances, Mt. Fuji turns red with the early-morning light during late summer. This phenomenon can be seen once in every few years. So it is believed that it will bring a person who was able to see Red Mt. Fuji good luck.
Red Mt. Fuji inside of the Mug.
Red Mt. Fuji, a Symbol of Good Fortune
Crafted by hands
The Craft-man of Red Fuji Mugs Mr. Yamaguchi, who is the third generation owner & potter of the workshop, is producing the mugs completely by his own hands from formation, baking up to painting.
All of such processes contain his wishes for good fortune of the Mug's owners.
Full Capacity : 270ml (9 oz)
Hight : 10.2cm (4 inch)
Top Diameter : 9.3cm (3.6. inch)
Weight : 250 g (8.8 oz)
Color：Black or Red
- Microwave safe.
- Do not use the Mug in open flame nor in oven.
- When the Red Fuji Mug (the Mug) is put on the table, do not drag it. Use the Mug with mat etc. in order to avoid scratches in the surface of the table.
- Do not use the Mug if it is chipped or cracked to avoid getting injured.
- When washing the cup, please use dish-washing liquid with soft sponge or cloth. Do not use abrasive nor hard washing objects such as sponge made of acrylic or stainless steel etc. in order to avoid scratches in the pattern of the Mug.
- Do not use breach.
- Do not wash the Mug in dish washing machine.
- After washing the Mug, make sure to dry it completely before storing to prevent deformation and stains.
- When storing the Mug, do not stack nor hang it.