Red Fuji = Good Fortune
Arita Fuji Sake Cup is produced in a pottery of Hasami-Cho in Nagasaki, and Hasami is one of the major Arita Ware production locals.
Red Mount Fuji, which is drawn in the inner of the Cup, is one of Japanese symbols of good fortune. Due to varios weather circumstances, Mt. Fuji turns red with the early-morning light during late summer. This phenomenon can be seen once in every few years. So it is believed that it will bring a person who was able to see Red Mt. Fuji good luck.
Red Mt. Fuji inside of the Cup.
Red Mt. Fuji, a Symbol of Good Fortune
Crafted by hands
The Craft-man of Red Fuji Mugs Mr. Yamaguchi, who is the third generation owner & potter of the workshop, is producing the mugs completely by his own hands from formation, baking up to painting.
All of such processes contain his wishes for good fortune of the Cup's owners.
Full Capacity : 180 ml (6 oz)
Hight : 12.8 cm (5 inch)
Top Diameter : 3.4 cm (1.3 inch)
Hight : 3.7cm (1.4 inch)
Top Diameter : 5.2cm (2 inch)
Color：Blue & Red
- Microwave safe.
- Do not use the Cup in open flame nor in oven.
- Do not use the Cup if it is chipped or cracked to avoid getting injured.
- When washing the Cup, please use dish-washing liquid with soft sponge or cloth. Do not use abrasive nor hard washing objects such as sponge made of acrylic or stainless steel etc. in order to avoid scratches in the pattern of the Cup.
- Do not use breach.
- Do not wash the Cup in dish washing machine.
- After washing the Cup, make sure to dry it completely before storing to prevent deformation and stains.
- When storing the Cup, do not stack nor hang it.