Gold leaf inlay & Stainless steel
Genuine gold leaf shines on stainless steel cups
Outstanding technique is unique to Shi-Moa Cup
-A vessel that improves flavor of whisky soda
Keeps whisky soda at appropriate temperatures for a long time
-Decorate cupboards with traditional beauty
Glossy gold body finish realized by Japanese traditional technique
Outer Finish : Gold Leaf (Genuine 24K)
Cup : Stainless Steel (18-8)
Cup : dia. 8.2 cm x H 13 cm
Country of origin
*Washi Paper Coaster 10pc. contained
*Packaged in Kiri paulownia box (148 x 98 x 99 mm)
*Food Sanitation Act approved product
Behind the item
It takes more than 10 weeks to produce one piece of Shi-moa Cup via a plurality of processes by traditional craftsworks.
Cup = 6 weeks
Skilled craftworks with decades' experiences form and polish high quality stainless cup one by one heartily, taking 6 weeks to finish initial process of Shi-Moa cup. They repeatedly polish a plate of stainless steel until it is shaped as a cup.
Gold Coating = 4 weeks
To coat the Cup with gold leaf, it requires various times of Urushi Japanese lacquer polishing process. The craftsworkers coat and polish thin Urushi layers controlling the temperature of the workshop with the utmost care.
- Do not wash the Cup in Dishwashing machine.
- Handle and store the Cup with care not to receive damages such as scratches or dents.
- After using the Cup, wash it softly by hands and dry it with soft cloth, and store it away from direct sunlight.
- Do not soak wash because the outer coating can be deteriorated or peeled off.
- Do not heat the Cup in microwave, oven or on an open fire.